[plug] Sendmail mail to MS Exchange

Damion Hill dhill at wantree.com.au
Fri Jun 8 22:55:23 WST 2001

Mark, I think you'll find that you'll need to have the 'Internet Mail
Service' installed on the Exchange box. Exchange server prior to
Ex2000 did not have SMTP enabled by default. I think it was an
extra option to be purchased (Internet Mail Connector). Exchange
running as a stand-alone mail (internal) server does not need it.

If you can get access to Exchange Administrator or on to the
server itself, check the 'connections' area of the configuration.

If you have checked here and the server appears to have the
Internet Mail Connector then there are further settings that can be
modified to allow connections from other boxes. I can't remember
the details specifically. My Exchange server at work is configured
to anly accept SMTP connections from 1 other server, perhaps this
might be the cause of the problem for you? You may need to add
the box running sendmail to the ACL.

HTH
Damion.

--