[plug] transfer speed of old and new HD's on one ide channel

Beau Kuiper kuiperba at cs.curtin.edu.au
Sat Jun 9 10:35:40 WST 2001

You can mix and match different size hard drives on the same channel. You
only need to worry if one drive does ata33 and the other does ata66, where
the ata66 drive will be limited to ata33

There are no problems mixing drives with different spindel speed (5400rpm
vs 7200rpm) since it is hidden by the ide interface on the harddrive

Beau Kuiper
kuiperba at cs.curtin.edu.au