[plug] Finding the UID of a process

Christian christian at amnet.net.au
Tue Jun 12 16:18:34 WST 2001

Hi all,

Anyone know how to find out the UID (and other credentials) of a given
process?  Obviously you can use getuid() to find the UID of the
*current* process but what about finding the UID of any other given
process?  I can't seem to find a system call to do it but I know it must
be possible.

I've tried strace'ing ps and found that it gets all this info out of
/proc but obviously systems that don't have /proc must do it some other
way.

Anyone know how?

Regards,

Christian.

--
DSA 0x0EC1D28C: BBCB 0D79 4EBB 078A A066  7267 8BED E9D6 0EC1 D28C