[plug] Is this for real ?

John Knight anarchist_tomato at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 13 10:28:03 WST 2001

I agree totally and if you look below the article, you can see the feedback
that this git caused. Personally I would have agreed with him half a year
ago because I just couldn't get my head wrapped around it. I got back into
Linux again with Mandrake 7.2. Bugger me, I was amazed!

I had never run into a version that was so friendly to use, I even taught
one of my half-wit brothers how to do some stuff! This lad wjo wrote the
article should get himself a copy of Mandrake from a cover cd or something
and take a look at it. I predict that in 2 years time or so, Mandrake will
be EXTREMELY user friendly in comparison to what RH, SUSE etc. are today.

If everything comes in one form (ie. we all generally agree to use .rpm
or .deb) then it should be very easy installation for everyone concerned. I
know that in Mandrake, some KDE apps etc. add themselves to the menu. If
this becomes common place, it'll be no more difficult than a programme
installation un Windows.

anarchist tomato