[plug] Problem with Tekram scsi driver

Simon Scott simon.scott at flexiplan.com
Fri Jun 15 11:17:30 WST 2001

	Wow. Ive learnt more about modules in 4 emails than I had in 2 years
of just trying stuff.

	modinfo. cool bananas.

	While Im in learning mode, can someone give a short description of
what the difference between .so and .a libraries are, anything special you
need to do in C to 'make a dynamic library', and maybe how it all relates
back to ld and ldconfig?

	I got Xine down the other day and libXv was a .a file, but Xine
requires .so.... so it was a magical command in ld and suddenly I had a .so
(from memory) and everything worked. ldconfig and everything sprang into
life.