[plug] Keep losing my route to ISP

Phil Steege psteege at tpg.com.au
Sat Jun 16 02:41:42 WST 2001

Kai,

Nothing stopping me now.  I just had to read the ssh HOWTO and tinker a
little.
Now I got ssh and scp working, and I did what you suggested, but the ifup-ppp
would not work, so I did the following:

xhost +
ssh to the firewall
DISPLAY=workstation:0.0;export DISPLAY
su -c "kppp &"
and VOILA I was up and running from my workstation.

Only thing not working now is my mail smtp and pop through squid and the
firewall.  Time to do some more reading.

Phil