[plug] Problem with Tekram scsi driver

Richard Sharpe sharpe at ns.aus.com
Sat Jun 16 10:03:41 WST 2001

At 05:16 PM 6/15/01 +1000, Phil Steege wrote:
>Ok, here is what I got back from the modinfo command:
>[root at localhost AddsBooks]# /sbin/modinfo -p
>/lib/modules/2.4.2-2/kernel/drivers/scsi/tmscsim.o
>tmscsim int array (min = 1, max = 6), description "Host SCSI ID, Speed
>(0=10MHz), Device Flags, Adapter Flags, Max Tags (log2(tags)-1), DelayReset
>(s)"
>
>Which part of this do I use ?

Hmmm, is the TekRam adapter a PCI adapter? You generally don't have to
specify the IRQ number for PCI adapters ...

What does 'lspci' show? You can also do 'lspci -v' or 'cat /proc/pci' to
get lots of info about what the kernel found on the PCI bus.

The error message suggests that the driver could not find the card. Is your
BIOS correctly set up to allow the PCI cards to find an IRQ? Do you,
perchance, have all IRQs set to legacy (and thus for ISA)?

>Phil

Regards
-------
Richard Sharpe, sharpe at ns.aus.com