[plug] Spelling check needed by list posters was RedHat vs. Debian

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Thu Jun 21 19:29:49 WST 2001

On Thu, 21 Jun 2001, Michael Hunt wrote:

> Hiya all,
  ^^^^
> thought I might point out a few humorous uses of words by plug members that
                                  ^^^^^^^^
> On a recent RedHat vs. Debian post the honorable Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima
                                         ^^^^^^^^^
> Was he just trying to get across the full Irish ness of the lads by
                                                  ^^^^
> accentuating there accents or was the scenario the more likely one of a
               ^^^^^
> Not to be out done by Tony, our good friend Gavin tries to out wit Tony by
                                                             ^^^^^^^
> I'm sorry to say this Gavin but I think you have been out gunned by Tony by
                                                        ^^^^^^^^^^
> plug archives and records the number of spelling mistakes against a posters
                                                                      ^^^^
Hmmmm... eight spelling and grammar errors in a post on misslepping.
Thats fine, you weren't flaming, I just couldnt help noticing.
 I think Michael that your spell-checker is American, and doesnt check
grammar to notice there/their/they're etc. How "ness" got past, I cant
imagine. Anyway, a pub crawl sounds brill. Just call it a symposium.

--
Mike Holland  <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>
                          --==--