[plug] Spelling check needed by list posters was RedHat vs. Debian

Michael Hunt michael.j.hunt at usa.net
Thu Jun 21 21:41:19 WST 2001

<snipped excess baggage>

> Hmmmm... eight spelling and grammar errors in a post on misslepping.
                                                          ^^^^^^^^^^^

> Thats fine, you weren't flaming, I just couldnt help noticing.
  ^^^^^ (apostrophe) 				^^^^^^^ (apostrophe)

> I think Michael that your spell-checker is American, and doesnt check
                                                          ^ (it?)

> grammar to notice there/their/they're etc. How "ness" got past, I cant
          ^^ (or?)                                ^^^^ ????         ^^^^

> imagine. Anyway, a pub crawl sounds brill. Just call it a symposium.
						  ^^^^^(iant)

> Mike Holland  <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>

Would You believe me if I said it was international ??? Currently I am
working at an Intentional school where we have mainly North American
students so I have to use an American spell checker. (Though thanks for
noticing. You should have seen the uproar the students caused when I wrote
colour on the board. They kept insisting that there was no 'u').

But Mike, maybe I am out to win the "PLUG's Worst Speller Award". (Now no
deliberately putting mistakes into your archive messages Tony).

Any symposium would have to wait until I got back to Australia (in
September). Meanwhile I would be happy to conduct an English version in a
couple of weeks. (Soon to be leaving Africa. sob, sob, blows nose).

Michael Hunt
An Aussie in Africa.

P.S. I think I will stop correcting people's emails as I can soon see this
practice becoming bad form on the list.