[plug] Fetchmail

John Breen locutus at borg.apana.org.au
Sat Jun 23 09:17:01 WST 2001

J Tonkin wrote:

> Recently i set up fetchmail on my Linux router because the amount of e-mail
> accounts was getting rather confusing. Any way everything runs fine if i run
> fetchmail from the console but it wont run as a daemon. I don't get any
> error messages i have it set for 15mins and only if my ppp0 device is up but

If you do

ps aux | grep fetchmail | grep -v grep

do you see any processes?  If not, fetchmail isn't running and can't get
your mail as a daemon or otherwise.

It is strange to note, but I've never been able to get fetchmail to run
as a daemon in .fetchmailrc either.

I _have_ found though that if you run it as fetchmail --daemon, it uses
the .fetchmailrc _and_ runs as a daemon.

However, I eventually wound up doing mine as a cron job because the
account I fetchmail to is my work email and I don't want/need to monitor
it from here while I'm at work :)

HTH...

John Breen

--
Regards,

John Breen

| John Breen                                         |
| Contracting Delphi Developer                       |