[plug] Junkbuster proxy error when called transparently

Matt Kemner zombie at wasp.net.au
Tue Jun 26 09:54:35 WST 2001

On Tue, 26 Jun 2001, Jeremy Malcolm wrote:

> when the dial-up machine tries to connect direct, and
> its connection is diverted to the Junkbuster proxy port by ipchains*, it
> gives an HTTP 400 error (invalid header).

Does junkbuster support being the target of a transparent proxy?

Squid has explicit support for it, but I'm not sure about junkbuster
You may need to divert to a program such as transproxy[1] first, and
configure that to divert to junkbuster.

 - Matt

[1] http://www.nlc.net.au/pub/unix/transproxy/
    or apt-get install transproxy