[plug] IDE CD Writer

Simon Scott simon.scott at flexiplan.com
Thu Jun 28 11:02:06 WST 2001

	Depends, Ive found that sometimes Mandrake gets it right, and
sometimes it doesnt. I recently added a dvd rom, and although it identified
it on boot, it failed to setup desktop icons etc... and it didnt add it to
/etc/fstab

	It was cool tho, cos it forced me to learn about supermount (it
rocks btw)

	The only thing with IDE cd writers is that linux only supports them
with SCSI emulation, using the IDE-SCSI module or something.

	Try search for CD writer HOWTOs or maybe IDE-SCSI emulation and see
what you find.