[plug] IP-Chains question ..

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Thu Jun 28 17:29:12 WST 2001

On Thu, 28 Jun 2001, Brian Tombleson wrote:

> Hello any/all knowledgable people ..
>
> Can anyone tell me how to get a request on a port X to be redirected to
> machine A.B.C.D on port X ?
>
> Scenario is moving mail through a firewall to an internal mail server
> (masq'ed) without having to run a MTA on the firewall.

Download and install ipmasqadm (rpms at:
ftp://thor.cantech.net.au/pub/linux/kernel/ .... you can find it from there)

Then run.
echo -n "  Port forwarding ... "
echo -n "SMTP "
## Now use portforwarding
/usr/sbin/ipmasqadm portfw -a -P tcp -L A.B.C.D 25 -R 10.10.0.1 25
echo -n "POP3"
/usr/sbin/ipmasqadm portfw -a -P tcp -L A.B.C.D 110 -R 10.10.0.1 110
echo " done."

(I throught in pop3 for good measure)

You will need to have a kernel that has the portfw enabled (I think the
standard redhat's do.  If not then send me an email and I'll look up the docs.

Yours Tony.

/*
 * --Albert Einstein
 */