[plug] IP-Chains question ..

Ryan ryan at slowest.net
Thu Jun 28 17:34:40 WST 2001

I don't use ipchains for that.  If you have the
IP_MASQUERADE_IPPORTFW module loaded you can do this:

ipmasqadm portfw -a -P tcp -L external_IP port -R internal_IP port

Also the mandatory line: echo "1" > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward

It's worth noting that the port forward will not work for internal traffic
fired
at the forwarded port on the external machine.  You need to set up another
line using the external machine's internal IP if you want this to happen.
(useful for testing)

Ryan