[plug] ReiserFS anyone

James Bromberger james at rcpt.to
Thu Jun 28 19:49:17 WST 2001

On Thu, Jun 28, 2001 at 11:04:33AM +0100, Michael Hunt wrote:
> Kim wrote:
> > PS I gave up on reiserfs due to problems with exporting a reiserfs
> > parition over NFS causing file corruption and now am using SGI's XFS
> > instead...
>
> Hasn't this problem now been fixed in the latest kernel ??? Could you give
> us a run down on any other XFS advantages ???

I believe it is fixed in the latet "pre" patch, not the currently released
2.4.5. As I posted to the list about two months ago, I have reiser on root
under Debian. It was a bit tricky to install; I had to duplicate an already
installed system from one disk to the new reiserfs partition. However, the
speed and reliability are worth it!

I am hoping that the Debian boot floopies will have reiser a an option when
they are next updated with 2.4.x kernel. I'll be asking about that
on Monday in Bordeaux... ;)

  James

--
 James Bromberger <james_AT_rcpt.to> www.rcpt.to/~james

       * *  C u in Bordeaux - 1st Debian Conference, July 2001 * *
 Remainder moved to http://www.rcpt.to/~james/james/sig.html