[plug] wine

Jason Nicholls jason at mindsocket.com.au
Thu Mar 1 11:41:40 WST 2001

Hey People,

I've installed wine (CVS version 021501) cause I'd like to print out my uni
Powerpoint lecture slides without rebooting. And no, I can't use StarOffice
because for some extremely strange reason using the presentation component
will cause a reboot (yes this is fsck'd).

When I run powerpoint it starts and appears to run fine, except when I attempt
to open a file I'll get an error message:

	"The path or filename for <insert dir> is invalid.
	 Please check the path and filename are correct"

It doesn't matter whether the file is on a ext2 or vfat partition, same thing.
The path and filenames are correct because I'm using the open file dialogue
to choose the filename!

Anyone have experience with wine and powerpoint 2000 that can help me out
here?

-------> UPDATE

Looking through the apps database on the wine homepage revels the open/save
dialogue box doesn't work. If you supply the filename on the command line it
does work ;)

Later,

Jason Nicholls