[plug] Red Hat Linux 7 security,etc. problems?

Peter Wright pete at cygnus.uwa.edu.au
Thu Mar 1 17:05:19 WST 2001

On Thu, Mar 01, 2001 at 04:38:15PM +0800, Gavin Corfield wrote:
> > (a) some of the more well-known problems with RH7, both security and
> > other, that hopefully I can use to persuade him it's just a bad option
> > and he should use something else,
>
> the default rh7 workstation didn't install apache, ftp or telnet on my
> machine

Did it install bind?

> however, details on tightening up rh are available in linux gazette
> www.linuxgazette.org I think from last November or October

Thanks. I'll have a look.

Hmm, couldn't find it (there was an October article on configuring sendmail
for redhat 6.2 - maybe this was the one you remembered?)

[ snip other points ]

Thanks for these too.

> gavin

Pete.
--
http://cygnus.uwa.edu.au/~pete/

--
ARTHUR: The swallow may fly south with the sun, or the house martin or the
        plover seek warmer hot lands in winter, yet these are not strangers to