[plug] X and kppp strange and unpleasant happenings

Ari Finander spodosaurus at start.com.au
Fri Mar 2 14:40:43 WST 2001

Original message from: Gavin Corfield <gavin at twobluedots.com.au>

>then log in as root and run setup, opt to change X-config and select
>only one graphics settings, I went to a simple 16 colour setting and
try
>again, this helped greatly.

I've already done that, 24 at 1024x768 (I don't remember the exact
resolution numbers, but you know the one I'm talking about).  It's
still doing it :-(  It's not a major problem, though.

>iinet do seem to have been having some technical problems recently,
>
>do you get anything useful if you run the RH dialer from Gnome in
debug
>mode, also you could try wvdial,

The debug dial works fine, connects, but I cannot do anything with it
after it connects (perhaps this is how it's supposed to be?  no
netscape, mail,. etc).  The regular RH PPP Dialer doesn't even dial!

Ari