[plug] X and kppp strange and unpleasant happenings

Gavin Corfield gavin at twobluedots.com.au
Fri Mar 2 15:07:11 WST 2001

> The debug dial works fine, connects, but I cannot do anything with it
> after it connects (perhaps this is how it's supposed to be?  no
> netscape, mail,. etc).

as i recall that is what happens on my machine,

have you tried using wvdial, it isn't a nice fluffy graphical solution
but it may work and is easy to configure

from root:

wvdialconf /etc/wvdial.conf
this will create config file /etc/wvdial.conf
open this and edit it for your connection details
then wvdial form root.

details in man

rh dialer not working on my machine has largely been due to a previous
failed dial up attempt not terminating succesfully.

ps -aux | grep ppp

will return any such instances, kill them and try again

gavin