[plug] adsl and apache

Colin Muller colin at durbanet.co.za
Mon Mar 5 12:35:19 WST 2001

> Except that now apache seems broken.  Its kinda got me beat as
> to why.  Nothing in httpd.conf has been changed.

Are you sure? Did you use linuxconf in the process?

This search:
http://www.google.com/search?q=apache+%22client+denied+by%0Aserver+configuration%22

leads to this page:
http://www.geocrawler.com/archives/3/192/2000/9/150/4376290/

from which this may help:

QUOTE
    With a new installation of Redhat Linux, the apache server was
working
    fine within my network. Suddenly, after I was configuring around in
LinuxConf,
    a Forbidden message was displayed in my browsers and the error-log
gave:
    client denied by server configuration: /path/to/html
    >How-To-Repeat:
    After installation the httpd.conf file is proparly configured. While
    changing my basic configuration in Linux, I must have activate
<Files ~>
    in httpd.conf file. By now I don`t know what it does, but it sure
gave
    me a head edge.
    >Fix:
    Comment out or delete the <Files ~>-section, wich leaves only the
<Files />-section.
ENDQUOTE

Colin