[PLUG] Backup Script

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Mon Mar 5 15:03:59 WST 2001

Adam Davin wrote:

> Was just interested in some opinion of the scripting and whether there
> might have been an easier way to do it.

     cp -a source dest

or

     (cd /source; tar cz) | (cd /dest ; tar xz)

or... dump could probably do it as well but I can't remember how.

Yes, the wheel has been reinvented but it's always good to do these
things, and even if it only duplicates what something else does it can
often be extended in interesting ways (e.g. intelligent quotas).

--
It is easier to judge a person's mental capacity by his questions
than by his answers. -- Le Duc de Levis, "Maxims"