[plug] download partition

Harry McNally harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Tue Mar 6 10:06:47 WST 2001

At 09:47 AM 03/06/2001, you wrote:
>On Tue, 6 Mar 2001, Ari Finander wrote:
> > Is there anything wrong with having a separate FAT partition on my HDD
> > to be used as a partition for downloaded files and such for my linux
> > and windows 98 partitions to both access?
>
>Nothing wrong at all, it's a very good idea. Is there a reason you can't
>just use an existing subdirectory of your win98 partition, though?
>
>-Greg Mildenhall

The only circumstance I can see this would be inconvenient is when you have
left something in the Linux partition and booted into doze. Unlike Linux
which can mount the FAT partition and fiddle with it willy nilly, my
understanding is that there is no way to access the Linux partition from
doze. I hope so because, from a security viewpoint, access to Linux from
the errr less_than_robust doze would be a BadThing. Is my assumption true
or has some dill created such a utility ?

Harry

Decisions and Designs Pty Ltd, ACN 053 215 599
Software and electronic design and documentation (paper and online)
PO Box 8039, South Perth 6151, Western Australia
Tel: +61 8 9474 3021, Fax: +61 8 9474 3405
Email: <harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au>
Web: <http://www.decisions-and-designs.com.au>

"I used to just twist wires together ..
now the wires are so small I use software"