[plug] download partition

Andrew Furey simpware at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 6 12:11:53 WST 2001

> ... my  understanding is that there is no way to
> access the Linux partition from doze. I hope so
> because, from a security viewpoint, access to Linux
> from  the errr less_than_robust doze would be a
> BadThing. Is my assumption true or has some dill
> created such a utility ?

I believe there used to be a program called Linux in
DOS (well, windows anyway) which allowed access to
ext2, probably by treating it as a network drive
(haven't actually tried it).

I agree from the security standpoint - that's one of
the disadvantages of having your Linux system on a
UMSDOS drive shared with Windows, since any old
disk-wiping virus can get rid of both systems.

Andrew

=====
In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?