[plug] OT - web users doing without javascript

David Griffiths griffith at environ.wa.gov.au
Tue Mar 6 17:08:58 WST 2001

Thanks Colin, Steve.

The links below were exactly what I was after.

Steve wrote:

>Minorities can get justifiably vocal if they feel they've been left out by
>policy decision, or for the sake of site developer's eye candy!

Not too worried about me getting left out as opposed customers getting the
short straw here.

The 15-20% (~17 %av) doesn't sound good, but... Have just tested IE5 and it
behaves in a much more civilised fashion in this instance.

Thecounter says that 75% of users are using IE 5.x so suddenly the  the 17%
drops back to around 4% or so people who may get messed up pages. (haven't
tested IE 4 yet which 11% of browsers use.). It's still not ideal but I
think we can just about live with this.

cheers,

Dave