[plug] download partition

Harry McNally harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Wed Mar 7 09:36:35 WST 2001

At 10:17 PM 03/06/2001, you wrote:
>On Tue, 6 Mar 2001, Harry McNally wrote:
> > Next is to try VMWare to see if it's fast enough that I can exorcise
> > all of the EvilOnes software from my system (fellow newbies .. Win4Lin
> > requires a copy of doze).
>
>Uhh... VMWare requires this too... Perhaps you mean Wine?

Thanks Bernard, I did mean VMWare. I had presumed from the discussion about
it in the Pocketbook that VMWare didn't need windows. doh!

I'll go straight to wine and see if it manages Protel (Protel98 has a few
broken aspects even under native doze (!) but if it limps along under wine
then that'll be good enough to keep going with a Linux development
environment).

Cheers
Harry