[plug] Not happy Jan!

John Breen wombat at wa.apana.org.au
Wed Mar 7 13:47:42 WST 2001

I've _still_ got a 500M Maxtor that I've been running with no errors since
1995.  It's dealt with fresh installs of Slackware, RedHat and Debian,
countless upgrades and even with running windoesn't.

I don't think it's fair to say that "Maxtors suck", it's probably just one
batch of bad drives.  WD went through the same thing at about that time from
memory, as did Seagate...  Seems to me it largely depends what you're doing
with the drive, and what you're running on it...