[plug] lilo and multiboot problems

Adam Ashley adam_ashley at softhome.net
Wed Mar 7 19:21:19 WST 2001

To get rid of the warning message, remove the line:

linear

and put

lba32

at the top of lilo.conf, then you wont have any trouble booting big drives
(if you using the RH7 lilo that is and I would assume the mandrake one).
Someone else already mentioned the fix to get it mandrake working I think.
But the reason your lilo menu is only giving you the first two options, is
that lilo will only write changes to your boot sector if lilo.conf is
completely correct, so as soon as it generated that error it exited and
didnt write to the boot sector, this is a 'good thing' makes it a lot hard
to trash the boot sector.

Adam