[plug] Download Bandwidth Limiting

Trevor Phillips phillips at central.murdoch.edu.au
Thu Mar 8 16:17:46 WST 2001

I have a LAN at home, with a Linux gateway, and I'd like to set it up to limit
the bandwidth of certain activities. ie; When some big download is thrashing my
poor little 33.6k modem, I'd like to limit the download rate, to allow some
bandwidth guranteed for other uses.

Does anyone know of some available tooks/extensions to do this? (Preferrably
looking for a simple-ish solution). The server box is Debian Potato (but I'm
considering going to bits of Woody + Kernel 2.4.x).

: CWIS Systems Administrator     -           T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :