[plug] bind

Bernard Blackham bernard at blackham.com.au
Thu Mar 8 21:22:31 WST 2001

On Thu, 8 Mar 2001, Kai wrote:
> Bernard,
>
> Yep, running it as root and using Red Hat 6.2
> I am not sure exactly why it's giving the error, I am not trying to
> start bind myself but /var/log/messaegs shows it's trying to start every
> 10 minutes.
>
> Sorry if I am being so abstract in the description, I have not had to
> play with this sort of thing before.

It sounds like it could be that bind is already running and then tried to
be spawned again from something like inetd. Is there a line in
/etc/inetd.conf that shows something related to bind? The line would start
with either domain or 53 and reference /etc/sbin/named or something at the
end.

Spurious thoughts,

Bernard.

--