[plug] Mouse configuration

buddrige at q-net.net.au buddrige at q-net.net.au
Sun Mar 11 05:31:53 WST 2001

Hi all,

I have installed a 486 with slackware linux 3.5.  I have got X working -

except the mouse.

The system is using a 9-pin serial mouse.  I have tried swapping the
symlink /dev/mouse between /dev/cua0 and /dev/cua1 - followed by a
reboot - but this does not seem to work.  I have also tried configuring
it through XF86Setup - alternately swapping between cua0 and cua1 and
with the mouse type set to "Microsoft" with no luck either.  Can someone

enlighten me on how to get the mouse to work?

thanks

David Buddrige.