[plug] Mouse configuration

Paul Day bonfire at bur.st
Sat Mar 10 16:41:45 WST 2001

On Sat, 10 Mar 2001 buddrige at q-net.net.au wrote:
> The system is using a 9-pin serial mouse.  I have tried swapping the
> symlink /dev/mouse between /dev/cua0 and /dev/cua1 - followed by a
> reboot - but this does not seem to work.  I have also tried configuring
> it through XF86Setup - alternately swapping between cua0 and cua1 and
> with the mouse type set to "Microsoft" with no luck either.  Can someone

cua0/1 are actually quite old (although I think most kernels still support
it but complain and tell you to use ttyS0/1). Serial port 1 and 2 are in
/dev as ttyS0 and ttyS1. Try symlinking /dev/mouse to /dev/ttyS0. You
shouldn't need to reboot either, but may need to restart X windows and gpm
(if using mouse in console mode).

PD

--
Paul Day