[plug] Bind

The Thought Assassin assassin at live.wasp.net.au
Tue Mar 13 14:28:07 WST 2001

On Mon, 12 Mar 2001, Linux wrote:
> Hi all when I typed 'Named status' I get
> [root at linux squirrel]# named status
<...>
> server is DONE priming
> server IS NOT loading its configuration
> My question is what does the last line indicate " server IS NOT loading its
> configuration "
> and how do I go about tracking down the problem.

Are you sure this is a problem? Are there other symptoms?
Sorry if I've missed a previous message on your situation.

In the absence of other signs of trouble, this looks to me like it is just
a message telling you that the configuration has been loaded and you are
OK to edit the configuration files without risking the server reading a
half-configured version, and also telling you that you will have to
explicitly force the server to reread its configuration files once you
have made your configuration adjustments.

-Greg Mildenhall