[plug] proper way to turn init services on/off

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Tue Mar 13 16:11:23 WST 2001

On Tue, 13 Mar 2001, Matt Kemner wrote:

> Change the runlevel field in inittab for mgetty to 3 (for example) and

> Probably not quite what you were after, but it's what sysvinit was

No, but thats a good idea in this case. I'm not using the run levels for
anything else. Thanks.
   I need to remember that Unix wasnt designed but evolved.

And Brian,
yes I should use telinit rather than 'kill', before I make an unfortunate
typo. (BTW "kill -9 1" doesnt work :-)

--
Mike Holland  <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>
                          --==--