[plug] ADSL in Perth-unknown, but driver modem news

Peter J j at vrl.com.au
Tue Mar 13 20:37:38 WST 2001

: > >> Specifically, iinet, bigpond and iprimus are all offering static IP
: > >> ADSL connections. However, from what I have heard, there have been
: > >> some problems with reliability and continuity of service over in Sydney.
: >
: >  > Hi Anthony, I don't know anyone connecting to ADSL with Linux

I have done it with iinet.

basically, their adsl routers are configured in bridge mode, and you
just alias your ethernet connector to one of the ips on the /30
network, with the other one being the router.  Its pretty seamless,
and v easy to setup.