[plug] Ram use

John Breen wombat at wa.apana.org.au
Wed Mar 14 13:04:51 WST 2001

It _sounds_ logical, but my understanding was that the RAMdisk would be
treated exactly like any other "disk" device, so that files would be read
into memory as normal.  The fact that they're being read from a RAMdrive
speeds up that part of the process, but other than that, it's just a normal
drive...

Please, someone correct me if I'm wrong :)