[plug] OT Xemacs and lisp and perl

navarre at plug.linux.org.au navarre at plug.linux.org.au
Wed Mar 14 22:46:32 WST 2001

Hello List

I am belting my head against a wall here using xemacs in cperl mode.
As far as I can tell when I have a perl file in the active editing buffer
there is a chunk of lisp code in action robbing me of the delete-forward
functionality on my delete key. It is being changed to delete-backward
like the backspace key.

When I have a html or javascript or fundamental mode file in the edit
buffer the delete key deletes forward. The behaviour changes as soon as I
attempt to edit a perl file. I have been looking at the cperl-mode.el
file attempting to understand it and failing because no matter what
changes I make to the function calls being bound to the keys the
behaviour does not change.

This is important to me as xemacs is my production tool and it is broken
for perl and need to write a lot of perl code. I basicly need to find the
mechanisum that is causing the change of action of the key and stop it.

Thanks.
Navarre