[plug] OT Xemacs and lisp and perl

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Thu Mar 15 10:36:46 WST 2001

On Wed, 14 Mar 2001 navarre at plug.linux.org.au wrote:

> I am belting my head against a wall here using xemacs in cperl mode.
> As far as I can tell when I have a perl file in the active editing buffer
> there is a chunk of lisp code in action robbing me of the delete-forward
> functionality on my delete key. It is being changed to delete-backward

There is a variable 'delete-key-deletes-forward' to control that.
Try putting in your .emacs:
	(setq delete-key-deletes-forward t )

That works for me, with Xemacs 20.3.

> This is important to me as xemacs is my production tool and it is broken
> for perl and need to write a lot of perl code. I basicly need to find the
> mechanisum that is causing the change of action of the key and stop it.

I dont think delete-forward is standard in Emacs, unless you set it.
 Does it work in the scratch buffer?

--
Mike Holland  <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>
                          --==--