[plug] Hardware assisted OPENGL

Simon Scott (SSC) simon.scott at flexiplan.com
Thu Mar 15 09:35:54 WST 2001

Well, I played with it last night. Checked an XF86Config file from the
dri.sourceforge.net site and somehow managed to get opengl going... I was
actually able to play Tuxkart.....

....for 15 seconds before it locked.

Ive looked around a bit, and supposedly the lockups are causes by IRQ
clashes, in that the gfx card cannot share an irq with any other device.

Looking into it, I had 4 devices on irq 10 (the two USB ports, my scsi card
and my eth card) and so I moved some around (the usb devices I think) via
the bios. Now I have the scsi card and eth on 1 irq, which doesnt seem to be
a problem.

My main problem seems to be that it appears my matrox card isnt getting an
IRQ! cat /proc/interrupts gives a list (where several IRQs arent used at
all) and no form of gfx card appears. If I check /proc/pci, the gfx card
appears on the pci bus but has no listed IRQ.

Does anyone know a) how to force certain devices to have certain irq (I
believe each pci port is hardwired, but which port has which IRQ? and b) Why
does my gfx card seem to lack an IRQ. Maybe its a bios setting, I tried PLUG
N PRAY OS set to NO etc but it seem to make no difference. There is actually
a setting for 'BOOT VGA' (from memory) which is set to AGP, maybe I should
try PCI?

Help! Im nearly there!

Oh, btw, does anyone else suffer 2 second lockups where the mouse wont move
and the sound loops? Maybe its related?

I really want to get this box working 100% to show off KDE 2 (Konqueror is a
'killer app' in my opinion, it rocks) etc to windows losers so any help
would be appreciated!

Simon Scott
Developer
FlexiPlan Australia Ltd