[plug] Hardware assisted OPENGL

Trevor Phillips phillips at central.murdoch.edu.au
Thu Mar 15 12:52:45 WST 2001

"Simon Scott (SSC)" wrote:

> Does anyone know a) how to force certain devices to have certain irq (I
> believe each pci port is hardwired, but which port has which IRQ? and b) Why
> does my gfx card seem to lack an IRQ. Maybe its a bios setting, I tried PLUG
> N PRAY OS set to NO etc but it seem to make no difference. There is actually
> a setting for 'BOOT VGA' (from memory) which is set to AGP, maybe I should
> try PCI?

AFAIK, most of this can be BIOS options IF your BIOS supports said options.
Some allow you to specify which IRQ to use with which PCI slot. On the Video
IRQ issue, I think there's sometimes a BIOS option to "Assign IRQ for VGA" or
similar.

In addition, you could try shifting your other PCI cards to different slots.
Often, some slots share an IRQ, and sometimes they share with the AGP too, so
moving cards around can have different cards share different IRQs. Your
Motherboard Manual should/may have more information on this.

: CWIS Systems Administrator     -           T.Phillips at murdoch.edu.au :