[plug] Running root commands

Ryan King stinky at iinet.net.au
Fri Mar 16 18:29:28 WST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: connell <connellp at wantree.com.au>
To: plug <plug at plug.linux.org.au>
Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2001 5:07 AM
Subject: [plug] Running root commands

> Hi folks,
>         Well, after much tinkering I've finally commissioned my linux
> masquerading firewall (486, 36MB RAM, RH6.2 with 2.2.26 kernel, no k/b
> or mouse, samba, ssh2).  However, I have a problem in allowing the other
> users and computers (Win98, Me and 2kPro) on my home network to start
> and stop the connection to our ISP as every thing has to go thru a SSH2

<snip>

You could also try installing c-mserver.  Its a fairly useful tool to
provide lots of diff platforms with the ability to bring up/down your ppp
connection (on the *nix box) via a nice GUI.  Its very flexible.  The
server hasnt been updated in a long while, but, I havent heard any probs
with
it (or had myself) http://cpwright.villagenet.com/mserver
(this bloody url has troubles lately.  I cant access it at the
moment.  If you cant access the site and cant find the prog any where
else, lemme know, and I can send you the source.  its roughly 500k, I
have c-mserver-0.5.5.tar.gz)  Clients (available for win32, linux, mac,
etc) are all provided from diff sites.  Try searching
http://www.freshmeat.net.  I use winmc client for my windows  clients.
(http://www.buffnet.net/~millard/winmclient.html)

hope this helps.

Ryan King