[plug] Completely Offtopic.. No really...

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Mon Mar 19 02:24:07 WST 2001

Good one Leon.

<<< leon at brooks.fdns.net  3/18  9:32a >>>
Brad Campbell wrote:

> I have a friend who has just completed his MCSE(would you like fries with that?)
> and is looking for work experience in networking.

Oh, a Minesweeper Consultant and Solitare Expert? (-:

Tell him to co-host his own NT server with at least one real IP and no
external firewalling. That should provide him with an unforgettable
networking experience...

--
Nothing enrages me more than when people criticize my criticism
of school by telling me that schools are not just places to learn

I know. I think schools generally do an effective and terribly
damaging job of teaching children to be infantile, dependent,
intellectually dishonest, passive and disrespectful to their own
developmental capacities.  I think that the examples I have given
of learning in a computational environment provide a glimpse of a
context for learning in which socialization would be based on a
potentiation of the individual, an empowering sense of one's own
ability to learn anything one wants to know, conditioned by deep
understanding of how these abilities are amplified by belonging
to cultures and communities. -- Seymour Papert, LOGO developer