[plug] mounting problem

navarre at plug.linux.org.au navarre at plug.linux.org.au
Sun Mar 18 12:51:39 WST 2001

Joh

Are the drives IDE or SCSI or one of each. Can you mount them as
/dev/hdc1, /dev/hdd1, etc.

Have you complied your own kernal and what is it 2.?.?.

What errors are you getting - or am I totally miss reading your request.

My system has both an IDE CDROM and a SCSI CD writer, both of which can
be mounted independently of the other via config in the /etc/fstab- is
this result you are after?

Navarre

On 3/19/01, 3:06:09 AM, "Jon Miller" <jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au> wrote
regarding [plug] mounting problem:

> I have 2 cdroms on my dual boot system.  1 is a cd writer and the other
is a dvd/cdrom.
> Both units were installed using loadlin in a bat file from DOS
(c:\linux\loadlin c:\linux\vmlinuz root=/dev/hda3 ro hdc=ide-scsi
hdb=ide-scsi

> Yet when trying to access the either cdrom I can not as /dev/scd0 or
/dev/scd1 nor when creating a ln from either device to /dev/cdrom.

> Is there a way of cdreating this and having it available everytime I go
into Linux (eg in the fstab)?