[plug] Installing Debian

Ari Finander spodosaurus at start.com.au
Wed Mar 21 17:03:06 WST 2001

I followed a link from the debian website to the hardware
compatability howto and it provided this information which appears to
contradict (to this newbie's eyes that is) what you've written below,
Matt:

6.1 Diamond video cards
Most currently available Diamond cards ARE supported by the current
release of XFree86. Early Diamond cards may not be officially
supported by XFree86, but there are ways of getting them to work.
Diamond is now actively supporting the XFree86 Project.

from: http://www.ibiblio.org/mdw/HOWTO/Hardware-HOWTO-6.html

Does my 8mb Diamond Viper 550 count as an 'early' card?

TIA,

Ari

>If it's a TNT card I think you will need to download & install the
Riva X