Don't use dselect! (was Re: [plug] Installing Debian)

Michael Hunt michael.j.hunt at usa.net
Thu Mar 22 08:43:15 WST 2001

> Hey
>
> > Has anyone here done any php development? Is it good stuff or?
>
> Yes, I use it quite a lot for most things at work. Using php and mysql
> along with some netflow we have written and ip accountign system, ip
> allocation system and many other useful tools. Php is good because it is
> flexable, server side and quite fast. It is definately well worth learning
> as you can run php on win32 or unix based systems making your knowledge of
> it portable.
>
> - Josh

I remember reading somewhere that the ability to write a gui front end using
gtk (or suchlike toolkit) had been implemented recently in php. The article
suggested that the developers of php were trying to take the language to the
next level and convince people that it is more than just a web scripting
product.

Michael Hunt
Wect Africa.

Defend your right to program. Write python code.