[plug] Telnet and FTP

Andrew Furey simpware at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 22 09:19:51 WST 2001

> What's got me buggered, I can't even telnet from the
> server back into itself !

Yay, one I can help with!

Short answer: you haven't installed the
"telnet-server" rpm. I had this problem myself, took
me a few weeks to work it out :)

> FTP will connect but it takes about a minute to get
> through.

I can't really help here, I have it too. I did some
research and saw mention of some kind of reverse
lookup (similar to DNS, but something else) which the
ftp daemon normally does, but RedHat took out. Or
something like that.

=====
In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?