[plug] Telnet and FTP

Simon Scott (SSC) simon.scott at flexiplan.com
Thu Mar 22 11:37:09 WST 2001

Somebody tell me if Im wrong below please :)

1) More than likely you havent installed telnetd
2) Youve stuffed up your hosts.allow/deny config (if it worked before and
now it doesnt)
3) I think it is inetd that uses hosts.allow/deny, so if you dont have the
telnet server setup in /etc/inetd.conf (???) but you do have telnetd
installed, it still wont work I think. Somebody correct me if Im wrong....

Anyway, just install ssh and be done with it :)