[plug] CDROM probs...

Ambrose Scafidi scafidi at iinet.net.au
Thu Mar 22 19:39:00 WST 2001

Howdy,
	Brand new Linux convert here. Have just installed RH6.2 as an introduction
to the wide wonderful world of non microsoft operating systems (mind you I
still have one, love this dual boot business ;-). A multitude of questions
beg to be asked, but the one I am most having difficulty in answering
regards my CDROM behaviour. I have a Matshita CW-7582 burner that mounts
fine, reads fine, have not tried burning with it yet, but the problem is
that the eject button seems to not be responding. I.e Whatever CD is in
there, stays in there.

	How can I eject the CD? or at least get the system to allow me to eject
the CD?

Any help is more than appreciated.