[plug] CDROM probs...

Steve Vertigan vertigan at bigfoot.com
Thu Mar 22 20:04:36 WST 2001

Ambrose Scafidi wrote:

> regards my CDROM behaviour. I have a Matshita CW-7582 burner that mounts
> fine, reads fine, have not tried burning with it yet, but the problem is
> that the eject button seems to not be responding. I.e Whatever CD is in
> there, stays in there.

Have you tried unmounting it first?  Some systems don't want to open the
cd drive if it's "in use".  Also if you try a later distribution you'll
probably get supermount which mounts and unmounts cd automatically
whenever they're installed/removed ala windows.

Regards,
Steve

--
FreeBSD maestro.dhis.org 3.4-STABLE i386
 8:00PM  up 10 days,  3:43, 3 users, load averages: 0.00, 0.01, 0.00