[plug] Re: Kylix [was stupid subject]

Brian Tombleson brian at ParadigmIT.com.au
Fri Mar 23 14:05:10 WST 2001

> BTW, I just went and priced up Kylix at Q technology - $1953 for
> desktop edition.... gulp!
>
> I wonder what the pricing will be on the academic version and
> whether doing 1 unit at uni while working full-time suffices :)

<opinion = on, susbtantiation level = low>

I think you'll find that the license agreement for 'Student' says that you
are NOT allowed to produce code for any commercial purpose.  This is the
biggest (and only real) restriction on educational versions of commercial
compilers.

</opinion>

- Brian.