[plug] Mailing list administration (was: UNSUBSCRIBE)

James Andrewartha trs80 at ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au
Fri Mar 23 15:10:42 WST 2001

On Fri, 23 Mar 2001, Christian wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 23, 2001 at 01:50:12PM +0800, Simon Scott wrote:
> > 	As an aside, excuse me for being stupid myself, but wouldnt it be
> > possible to filter all SUBSCRIBE and UNSUBSCRIBE emails and forward them to
> > the correct address?
>
> I don't like that sort of filtering on principle because it's far too
> coarse.  Someone sends an email containing the word "subscribe" and
> suddenly I don't get to read it.

The solution is of course to use mailman, which will hold posts which
appear to be administrative requests for the list owner to approve or deny
as they see fit.

--
"There's nobody getting rich  |  TRS-80                UCC Treasurer
 writing software that I      |  Email:    trs80(a)ucc.gu.uwa.edu.au